Tuesday, July 22, 2008

10 Remodeling Discoveries

1. A really big kitchen sink holds a really big pile of dirty dishes.

2. You can lose your kids in a big house.

3. Brand-spanking new walls, floors, and cabinets provoke more anxiety than I had anticipated when I watch my kids run their grubby hands around, spill water throughout the house, and bang toys on things.

4. I am allergic to dust.

5. Children cannot resist running and yelling through a big empty house.

6. I can thank my lucky stars that V is not serious about crawling yet.

7. Unpacking takes just as much time as packing did. Perhaps more.

8. Construction dust gives me a little OCD.

9. I really did miss some of the things that I did without for a year. Others not so much.

10. The cat apparently cannot remember how to use a cat door.

No comments: