Friday, December 19, 2008

Interruptions













Since becoming a mother, my life has been overcome by interruptions. Some big interruptions, like that of my career, have overwhelmed me. Some persistent interruptions - I wonder when I will get a full night of sleep again. Some annoying interruptions, which make me feel like I live with a cacophonous flock of Blue Jays.

Today our routine was interrupted by snow. In the Puget Sound, because of the lack of infrastructure to support transporation on snowy days, and because of the lack of experience with urban snow, a snow day is a true disruption. The whole area was paralyzed by slippery roads. Yet, it was a complete pleasure to throw aside the otherwise exciting plans we had in mind, in order to take some time to sled and play.

I guess interruptions need not be viewed as a bad thing.

No comments: